My free time, my quiet time, my time to relax just a little, my time to catch up just a little on the missed sleep from the night/nights before or my time to make telephone calls without having to say "hold on a second; girls do see mama on the phone? you need to be quieter, please." I got a little bit of false hope yesterday because both girls fell asleep and the baby slept too. Of course the husband came home early - usually a good thing, but sort of a waste of an early home day when the kids are sleeping so I have a break anyway.
I'm not ready to give up nap time, but I'm tired of fighting for it. It's impossible to make someone sleep...and I can't tie them to their beds (as tempting as that is).
Today I was really exhausted because the twins woke up at 7am. Up until about 6 months ago they were getting up around 8:45 at the earliest - usually more like 9:15. But back then they would come crawl in bed with me and cuddle and snooze for an hour or so. As soon as the baby showed up, they lost all ability to cuddle and snooze because looking at and poking the baby is just sooooo exciting. So we were getting up at 8:00am...and that's not good for me because I rarely manage to get to sleep before 11pm. Then I decided that since they are getting up early - I would put them down to 'rest' earlier and to bed at 9:00pm instead of 10. This served two purposes - I figured if they were getting up earlier they should go to bed earlier - and also I needed some time to watch adult programing on tv (Top Model has had what seems like a lot more cat fights and cursing this season). Well on about night 3 of the new bedtime (last night) everything just went to poo because they decided to wake up even earlier. The new bedtime is also really hard for us to keep overall because by the time Jer gets home and supper gets cooked and eaten it's already 8:30. It's even worse if we need a trip to Wal-mart....and there is just no way for me to do wal-mart by myself (can you fit 2 three-year-olds, a car seat AND groceries in one shopping cart?). If I had one three-year old, I could make her walk with the cart. But with two - they would either be taking off all over or fighting over who gets to walk and who has to ride. But I digress...back to naps....
Nothing makes a day go by more slowly than early rising and no breaks....
I need to venture out more - our choices: library and park. I could try the mall, but it really makes me nervous. I feel like an easy target because my hands are so full.
Well this is a very negative way to start off a blog - but I'm needing to vent and I really only have one person to call and vent too...and I'm pretty sure she's tired of hearing it.
So I dub this blog my venting/chatting buddy. Nothing like computers to help you invent friends for yourself. Woo.
A Different Kind of Love Story….
7 months ago


2 comments:
I hope I'm your venting buddy... and no, I'm not tired of it. Consider it a priveledge. If I'm not your venting buddy... I'm here and would consider it a priveledge. Hang in there, it really won't last forever - just feels like it will. I love you, mamma
Free time what's that? LOL
Post a Comment