This morning the big girls were having a minor, but loud, battle over 'tatoheads' hat. I had to intervene because B was yelling at her sister in an unacceptably loud and mean way while A was trying to respond, but due to the ferocity of her sister's attack, was slowly backing away (with the desired hat in her hand). Well I wound up removing B from the scene to her bed so she could cool off. When she came back, she started to get upset again because the hat was on the 'tato' (I figured out that it wasn't the hat she wanted - she wanted to be the hat putter-oner). I told her to calm down and ask nicely - which she did - and they resumed her game. It was while I was watching the transition to make sure there would be no more flare ups that I saw A reach her arm around sis and give her a little squeeze. She then resumed play and they continued on like nothing had ever happened. Just a little reassurance and acknowledgement that an obstacle had been overcome.
I have seen the girls comfort each other before - but it's usually in the heat of the moment (tantrum) or during the tears. I have never seen this post-trauma consoling before and it really just made me smile. I think sisterhood in itself is amazing - that you have one person that you share more memories and experiences with than any other individual on earth (I know this is different when there are additional siblings present, same general idea though- but I just had the one sister) is just cool. And to be twins - so you have it all the same starting at birth! Very cool.
A Different Kind of Love Story….
7 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment