I'm going to start with things I am thankful for: 1)it's finally raining - I thought, when we originally moved here from the drought of SW Kansas, that it would rain at least a few times a week - but that hasn't been the case, and I've been feeling a bit parched. 2)Baby J. is napping and has been in a pretty good mood lately. She's also been being very cute - as usual. 3) Husband/Daddy says he's coming home at 6 instead of 'late'. 4) For the last 10 minutes or so the big girls have been playing nicely with each other without any destruction of property or excess noise.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am sick. I think I was at my sickest on Thursday and the girls' Daddy had to work late that night - he got home around 11:30 PM. He also worked late Friday and then worked part of the day Saturday. So, I have been home alone for extended amounts of time with children that are getting very tired of being cooped up at home with a sick Mom. I got a nice 2 hour reprieve yesterday while the big girls and Daddy went to church. I feel very much like the weak animal in a herd that all the other animals are picking on. The girls sort of snicker when I attempt to yell (I'm very hoarse and it only gets worse when I try to raise my voice at all) or discipline, and they definitely seem to be going throw a 'naughty' spell that I suspect is directly related to Mama being sick and slow moving.
Last week A. locked herself in the bathroom while 'poopin' and had to get her unwiped self off the potty to come unlock the door so I could clean her up. Today, I went to use the bathroom (and had to go pretty bad because I had been putting off going while I switched the laundry, put the baby down for her nap etc) and found the door locked. I guess I should have expected it - but since the girls just figured out that it could be locked a few days ago I hadn't yet processed the possibility of a total lockout (might have to do with all the goo in my head). A sort of grumpy husband asked me if I really wanted him to come all the way home just to open the bathroom door. A very grumpy, and now dancing the peepee dance Mama told him that I wasn't about to 'go' out in the rain behind the tree. He told me to take off the doorknob, which I did manage - but I was still unable to get the lock mechanism out. Twenty minutes later he was home and popped the door open in less than 5 seconds, because I, of course, had loosened it up for him.
Baby J. is now starting to dance a bit and she loves the intro credits to the 'George Lopez Show' . She also has a very funny way of 'crawling with purpose' - she goes very quickly and looks very determined - usually when the girls and Daddy have gone off to another room without her.
**And now they are back to running in circles and screaming...maybe it's time to go play in the rain.
A Different Kind of Love Story….
6 months ago


1 comment:
Oh I am so sorry you are not feeling well. it is so hard to get through the dy when we just want to curl up under a blanky and hide.
I am impressed your DH came home to unlock the door....my husband would NEVER have done that. i'm afraid I would have had to pee outside. LOL
Post a Comment