May 4, 2009

Bluebonnets

About a month ago I went to my church's annual women's retreat (it was awesome, fulfilling, mind-blowing, etc, etc) at a cute little place in the country. The bluebonnets were in full bloom and basically covering the entire area, so I called up my husband and asked him to come pick me up. I'm not sure exactly what I said to him, but the idea was that he could bring me my kids and my camera so we could put the bluebonnets to full use. It's a TX tradition to take pictures in the bluebonnets and last year we missed it, so I couldn't let the opportunity pass us by!!
Unfortunately, my husband didn't grasp that the whole reason he was supposed to come was so I could take pictures. I'm not sure what he thought was the reason for me needing him to drive 2 hours to pick me up when I already had a ride home....I thought the fact that I reminded him about 80 times to bring the camera made the point of the trip pretty obvious. Anyway, he arrived with the kids, two of whom were dressed in cute, spring time clothes that, while they might not have been what I would have selected, were passable for 'photo clothes'. The third daughter...well....here are some of the pictures....see what you think!

Turns out the outfits didn't wind up mattering much...since daughters A. and J. weren't interested in having their pictures taken and B. was obsessing about the bees/bugs :) But did you see Baby Jo's little pony tail?? Daddy did that - I was very surprised!

There were lots of awesome flowers - here are the only other ones in front of which the girls would cooperate and smile:

If you noticed that 'Supergirl' seems to have something on her cheek that is enhancing the tomboy look....well that's what happens when little girls dive into protruding corners. Here's a picture of the cheek taken about 5 days after the crash:

4 comments:

Tina said...

I have never heard of bluebonnets then again I have never been anywhere near TX. they are Beautiful.....the Girls and the flowers......and the bruise :O

I am so Happy you shared them with us all.

What a wonderful retreat. You have a gorgeus family.

Muthering Heights said...

Isn't that always the way? You try to take a photo, and the kids are cranky and bruised! LOL!

andryadawn said...

hysterical!!!! the supergirl t-shirt, i think, adds a nice touch :)
and woo for jer on the ponytail, very impressive!

Heather said...

Good job on the ponytail, Daddy! Pictures never go as planned, do they?