Lil Jo (for those of you who are into Veggie Tales - I do call her that because I love that particular episode) has started saying a lot more lately. She has also taken an interest in repeating words we say to her so her vocabulary is increasing daily. I forgot how fun it is to hear new little words! Her most frequently used word is, of course, no. But she also really likes juice so she asks for it A LOT. I had to cut her off of it entirely for a few days after Daddy let her have *gasp* TWO cups of juice a day while the girls and I were away in KS. She also uses 'peez' regularly and does not understand why she doesn't get everything she asks for when she uses that word!
Lil Jo loves, LOVES fruit snacks. She gets more excited for a packet of fruit snacks than any other food (even chocolate, chips, or juice! - yes, she likes junk food way more than I like). Today she pulled me into the kitchen (if a person does not come when she points and says 'peez' she will tug at his/her clothing until he/she complies with the request/demand) and over to the cabinet where she pointed and said 'peez, peez' until the snacks were procured. I gave in to her demands today (usually fruit snacks are only for after nap) because she's a bit congested and has some eye goo so I thought so extra vitamin C might be a good thing.
Her sisters were not allowed to have fruit snacks until they were almost three because I thought they were a choking hazard. I still think most varieties are unacceptable for under 3's, but I had to find a compromise after Daddy gave Jo tiny pinches of his "Smiles" (GV brand snacks) which caused her to go around begging for more tastes. Her sisters, usually not so fond of sharing, love to give her food items that have been forbidden to her by Mom. Luckily, I found Welch's fruit snacks that are VERY soft and small (and relatively cheap) especially compared to the firm, throat sized 'Smiles'.
A and B have taken interest in reading lessons again so we are giving that another go. They have also become obsessed with 'Super Why' and 'Word World' so they are hopefully learning a bit from those shows. Our break from Spongebob has been going well, and we really haven't been missing him all that much. Every once in awhile the girls will still try to convince me that they are ready to not say naughty words like Spongebob....but I remind them that it's not just the naughty words but also the tears and tantrums when Spongebob time was over that necessitated the break.
I'm eagerly awaiting the end of summer which in this hot climate means highs under 90. Then we can start playing outside again!
I'm sure there are more things I wanted to record, but I had a visitor (yay! -three in one week) and lost my train of thought.
I'm off to go cook up a pot o' beans - yum (and cheap!)
A Different Kind of Love Story….
6 months ago


1 comment:
Lil Jo sounds like so much fun these days!
Post a Comment