September 22, 2009

Conversations

B.: Daddy, I like these beans. Are they gorilla beans?
Daddy: Gorilla beans??
B.: Yeah, like the ones on tv...with the dog.
Daddy: Oh, do you mean grillin' beans?

At the beach as some random fishermen drove away after sharing some bait:
B: They said 'Good Luck' cause that means 'goodbye' in Spanish.

Mama: Tell me the verse number.
B: 1st John...
Mama: No, 2nd Timothy...
A: And Beyond!!!!
(Say it fast...it does sound a bit like 'to infinity' :)

Jo now says 'Stop eet' whenever someone is pestering her (or tickling her!)
She also says 'Touch eet?' whenever she's thinking about touching something she's not supposed to. She may have the beginnings of a French accent :)

The girls got bikes for their 5th b-day and have been practising in the driveway. Yesterday, we ended very quickly after lots of meltdowns. Today they did much better - and it was even misting the whole time. Jo has absolutely no fear of being run down by crazy biker sisters and just walks around where she pleases totally oblivious to the speedsters zooming around her.

It was thundering this morning around 6 am so I, of course, was quickly joined in bed by my three cuddle buddies. I had two that were holding totally still...and one squirmer. I kept saying, "B., be still" or "Stop wiggling, B, or go back to your bed"...after saying this several times I heard a small voice saying "I'm holding really still, Mama." Then I realized that I had my girls mixed up and the squirmer was actually A. What threw me was that A. usually wears pj's and this morning she wasn't AND B. is generally the bed squirmer.

New words from the girls: 'blingatude': shiny things on clothing...I believe they got this from a JCPenney commercial. 'desist':insist....as in "mama, read this book, we desist." and 'meeniac':Daddy is one.

Jo is, as I type this, emptying the silverware drawer. She has discovered how to push the chairs in the kitchen around to assist her in reaching all things forbidden. She just brought me some 'sauce' (apple) and is now trying to convince me to feed it to her....

4 comments:

Tina said...

This post made me smile picturing each one of the girls. They are so different. Girls are so foreign to me after having boys. I am going to have to come to you to help me figure out what to do with Jenny LOL

Sweet post I really enjoyed it!

Mamma said...

I love your blogs - they are so rich I can picture what is going on. You are an awesome mamma and I'm so proud of you ! I love my little angles !!

Muthering Heights said...

LOLOL, I love that "2nd Timothy" bit!

Heather said...

Gorilla beans! lol. That one has me giggling.