March 18, 2010

Waiting.

That's what I feel like I am doing right now.

The girls start kindergarten in 5 months......

I can't even fathom what our lives will be like.

They didn't do mom's-day-out or preschool. Our longest recurrent separation was Sunday mornings for church.

We've never had much of a set schedule. Naptimes, yes, but we wake up when they're ready and have breakfast when we're all awake enough to eat it. Lunch is at noon....ish. Supper when Daddy gets home which can be anytime from 5:30 to 7:00.

I'm not really worrying. I just feel like I can't commit to anything until I know how this new 'lifestyle' will affect us.
I feel like I need to hang on to every second...but they are SO ready to go.

Why all this melancholy out of the blue?? This morning a friend whose first born is also entering kindergarten next year informed me that there is early registration happening the first week of April. In three weeks my babies could be in the school's system....

What am I going to do all day at home with just ONE lil girl???
On a more upbeat note - here are the girls and Daddy planting our garden -yay!:

4 comments:

Andrea said...

What will you do? You can blog more...blog stalk more...read more...come hang out with and I...take advantage of the special alone time you get with Jo, just like you had with B and A...think of ways that will make coming home from school better than anything else!

Muthering Heights said...

I'm sure it will be hard at first!!! I can't imagine being at that stage yet!

Shannon said...

They'll be fantastic in school, and Jo will get to enjoy being the baby and having all your attention.=)

Just promise to be nice to their teachers... it's so hard for devoted mamas!=)

Tina said...

I think the first day will be tough but when you see how much fun they have you will be happy for them. BE STRONG MoMMA :o)

Think of all the fun one on one time you will have with the little one EXCITING!!!!!