July 24, 2010

Fall Fashion

We just finished up (I hope!) school shopping for the girls. Not a lot, just a supplement of t-shirts (to replace the ones they've stained/outgrown), a few pairs of shorts, the hard-to-find and total downer tote bags that are required instead of backpacks (there are NO pretty Tinkerbell/Princess/etc totes), and the SHOES. The shoes were the highlight of our (my) preparations. I've been wanting to get the girls these since I first saw their sparkly prettiness. We finally went and picked them out last night and they are just as fun as I had hoped! (I'm still trying to convince myself that Lil Jo and I don't need a pair!). They cost way more than I am usually willing to spend on shoes for feet that are constantly growing, but for a huge milestone like starting school (!!), I thought a little splurge was in order :)

Aren't they pretty!!!


Twice last night I had to catch myself as I was trying to push my likes and dislikes onto the girls' choices. I'm used to shopping for them without their input. But last night they got to pick their shoes and their totes (we found some decently pretty ones at Claire's). I really didn't want B. to pick the 'Princess Monkey' tote or A. to pick the shoes with the ugly (imo) unicorn on them. But, when I saw B. settling for, no, resigning herself to, the tote I was encouraging - just to make me happy - I decided it wasn't worth fighting over. She's a bit of a princess monkey herself anyway! A.'s shoes were a different sort of battle - she said she wanted the unicorns because her friends would love them. She's already SO concerned with what her friends will think. I'm still not sure if she got them because of her friends or because she liked them.

Less than a month to go.....

4 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

cool shoes!

Muthering Heights said...

Those shoes are adorable!!!

Melanie said...

LOVE those! That's the only thing I don't like about having only sons... girls' clothing is just so much cuter! :)

Blessings!
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

Heather said...

love the shoes!!!