Ever since I posted those goals I have been praying for a piano. I've been looking on craigslist and keeping my ears open for anyone wanting to get rid of one. At one point I had found one that I really, really liked that was in my price range. But, then it was the wrong time of the month and we just couldn't come up with the money in time, so the lady sold it to someone else. I was very sad. Then our heater had to be replaced so I figured the piano was something that would have to wait. (People post free pianos from time to time but it has been my experience that it's almost impossible to call before they are gone....I must not be the only one searching for a cheap one!).
Yesterday I found a free piano listed. It was in the same suburb; it was the right size. I emailed them right away ( they didn't list a phone number). I gave them my number and said I could show up right away to get it. When I didn't hear back from them by bedtime, I figured I had missed it. But there was no picture, so I didn't really know what I had missed and I accepted it as not meant to be.
After church I checked my phone and had a voice mail from an unfamiliar number, the lady said they had received several responses about the piano but wanted to let me have first shot at it(I didn't give them a sob story email or anything...so I was either first...or...who knows...). SO...my husband and a few of his big burly friends went and picked up my mystery piano. I've been piano shopping on craigslist for a long time so I didn't have high expectations for the piano's looks - I was just happy that it was supposedly functional (and since free pianos go like hotcakes on craigslist I could always just turn around and relist it).
Well, God's timing is obviously best! This piano is so much nicer than the one I was going to BUY. Yay!!!!!!

So here's a run-down on the goals list:
1)Find a piano - check! (whoohoo!!!)
2)Find/buy a sewing machine - almost check....we got a sewing machine - and Jer got it to work long enough to make a pillow case and a pair of pants for the girls -both out of some cast off army uniforms (amazing, I know) but then it broke beyond his ability to fix it...so not sure what comes next.
3)Find a productive hobby - check. Mom taught me basic crochet so I'm working away on a scarf and then the sky's the limit, right?
4)Start to learn Spanish - still working on it. bought a second hand text book - but it has no pronunciation guides...may have a chance to buy in with some friends who might be getting Rosetta stone
5)Find inexpensive ways to improve our house - still working on this one...home improvement is expensive.
6)Set a consistent schedule that allows for quiet times, exercise, quality time with each family member - I think I found bible study time ...next is the exercise...bleh.
7)Become reacquainted with my Horn and look into local groups that might need an extra. - not check...maybe later...


2 comments:
I'm so glad you finally got the piano!!! :D
Oh, that is perfect! So happy you got it and look at how happy the kids are! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment