The girls are playing nicely together (!) in their room so I thought I'd do a quick post before I start the Monday clean-up (blah).
We have established our family motto. Last night in the car Daughter B. was gearing up for a full fledged fit when Daughter A. hollered out "B. DON'T FREAK OUT." Hilarious...but also almost exactly what I was going to say. See, our family is pretty much a freakin' out sort of family. Mama with her high-anxiety is constantly 'freaking out' about something and generally uses those words several times when describing her day to Daddy. Daughters A and B are also very prone to 'freaking out' because all issues from teeny tiny to giant require loud vocals, stomping, writhing on the floor etc etc. Lil Jo and Daddy are probably the least likely to freak out so they will be the designated keepers of the family motto who will be frequently called upon to shout above the din 'DON'T FREAK OUT'. And perhaps this established motto will help lighten the mood during the 'freak outs'...it's hard not to laugh when little girls holler and stick out their 'stop hands' :) And really one of our main goals since becoming parents of high drama (since birth) girlies has been to teach them how to resist the urge to freak.
So now I am off to clean the house with out 'freaking out' at how impossible it is to keep it tidy with three little girls, their Daddy, and a piddly dog :)
This pic should be with my previous post under weird games my girls play:



4 comments:
So weird to hear how a family of Girls deal with things. My family moslt boys are VERY "physical wrestle it out" type house hold. Isn't that strange. Soooo different! I hope all went well.
That is such a funny motto...but hey, whatever works!! :)
Porter's motto: "Jack 'er back"
I think it means the same thing...
You'll look back on all of this some day and smile... I love you ! mamma
"Don't freak out". Good stuff!
Post a Comment