April 19, 2010

Worth It.

This weekend my world traveling sister visited with her kids. We all had a great time and I already miss my niece and nephew so much it hurts....but with all that comes the realization that I have a comparatively 'boring' life. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel bored....I just have not much to talk about that's not kid related. I definitely don't provide stimulating conversation. But, I have been questioning my chosen 'profession' less and less over the past year...feeling more confident in the decision....recognizing that what I do all day, while totally unglamorous, is still important.

And then this morning Daughter A came running into my room, jumped on the bed, snuggled up for a hug, and said, "Mama, do you know why I love you? Cause you're home all the time." :)

Here's a few pics from cousin time:



4 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank You Jesus for such confirmations! You are so blessed and such a blessing!

Muthering Heights said...

Isn't that just the best feeling in the world? :)

Shannon said...

Awwww.=) You definitely do an incredibly worthwhile job and your kiddos will make the world better because of it.

Paula said...

I went through that, too. All of my fancy education for what? Wiping bottoms and cooking hotdogs? Then I realized that my education, my knowledge and experience isn't wasted because I'm not "using" it. I am transferring all of it to my children so that one day there may be three people that change the world, versus only one if it had been me. And really, when we're Home with God after this life, our children, our grandchildren, and future generations are what we really leave behind.