January 13, 2009

Funny

Just a minute ago A. came up to me and calmly asked for my help (usually when they need help they cry and scream in frustration instead of asking so this was a big step!). She had her panties all in a twist because she had just had a bath and was still wet. As I was helping her she says, "As I was saying, I want to hold you"...all business like. Cracked me up.

I thought Baby J. was just working on molars and then out popped a front tooth - so last week she was working on 3 teeth! Poor thing. The molars still haven't popped out :(

Yesterday we went to the zoo. It was a lot of fun. Baby J. rode in the stroller and watched - never made a sound. I fed her some lunch and a snack and she was totally happy.

A. and B. also had a great time. Except for lunch time. Then they screamed in terror until I took them inside away from....the pigeons. Yes, pigeons. They refused to be distracted from their terror. A. wasn't so bad at first, but B. was climbing me and refused to sit alone. The more I tried to calm her the more convinced she became that the pigeons were really out to get her. It didn't help that the pigeons were so friendly that they would walk under our table and under Baby J.'s stroller. B. demanded several times that the pigeons go away and wasn't happy when I told her that they lived there and probably wouldn't leave. I tried shoo-ing them but the just sort of mosied away. It was when B. started begging to go home that I decided she wasn't going to back down and we went and ate inside.

We got to see the elephant do tricks and the funny orangutan hung by his feet and flapped a bed sheet. All the animals were pretty active so it was a good day to go.


I've watched the first few episodes of 'Superstars of Dance' or whatever that dance show is called with contestants from different countries. B. insists on trying to emulate all the dancers...very cute, but it makes it pretty difficult to see :) She told me today that one of the dancers did a pirouette. I asked her how she knew it was a pirouette...she said that a girl on Sesame Street did one. Yay! Sesame Street :)

2 comments:

Supermomie said...

I love Sesame Street. My kids learn all kinds of stuff through that show, too.

Your kids crack me up. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Sounds like Charlotte and B could be dancing buddies! Sesame Street is the best, isn't it?