January 21, 2009

One thing I forgot yesterday..

Yesterday as we were driving back home from the rendevous with 'Sugar' I was trying to explain to the girls that it was an important day because our country has a new 'Big Boss' called a president. After we established that I said new big 'boss' not 'box' things went a little better and I think they got the idea.

When we got home, Jer had the tv on and B. points at it and says 'that's Brack Obama'. Now I was a bit surprised because I had never said his name to them or discussed him at any other time (I was on the fence during elections all the way up until I entered my vote into the machine). I'm still not sure how she learned his name and face but he must have been doing something right as far as getting exposure to the masses since my four year old picked up on it!
So, now they know that Obama is the new big boss, but they were sure to remind me that God is the biggest boss :)

***If we seem to have a bit of an emphasis on 'bosses' in our house, it's because A. thinks she's the boss so Mama and Daddy have to reassert themselves as the bosses of the house who in turn have God as their boss etc. We are trying to teach A. that she is the boss of how she speaks and responds, though. (How many times can you use 'boss' in a sentence/paragraph!)

3 comments:

Heather said...

ha ha! It is amazing what kids pick up on, isn't it? Hope you are having a good day!

Muthering Heights said...

That's so funny!

andryadawn said...

wow!!!