Baby has her first tooth. Sort of happy - sort of sad about all that. New things are exciting - but she'll never have that toothless gummy grin again. Growing up sooo fast! Her sisters were a lot older before they got any teeth. I think her second one is coming in too. I'm hoping it is because otherwise she's just sleeping less and spitting up more for no reason. I attributed those things last week to the new tooth - and then she had about 2 days of more sleeping - but we're back to fighting the naps. At least she's been sleeping better at night!
Another first - first word (I'm not actually counting this as the first word - but it was funny) - the other day A. was playing with Baby in her bouncer and handed her a little stuffed elephant. Baby, of course, puts it in her mouth. She then makes a funny face and says 'yuck'. Now I know baby's make lots of sounds that moms and dads swear were words - but B. turned to me and said "mama she said yuck." So I have a second opinion.
The girls were presented with pudding in a cup for the first time this week. They've had pudding just never snack pack style. B. calls it chocolate applesauce. This makes sense since I usually give them applesauce in cups (one of my grocery splurges - jarred applesauce is way cheaper - but this particular applesauce is sugar free and comes with various flavors like berries or peaches - my rationalization is that they are getting more 'colors' in their diet so it's worth the extra cost).
This week is also the girls first VBS. They seem to be enjoying it. Husband and I have been making up for 5 months of no couple time (and probably that many more at least coming up) by eating out each night. It's also his birthday today and Father's Day on Sunday so we have lots of rationalization for the fine dining ( if you can call chipotle and Wild Wing Cafe fine dining!). It also probably doesn't totally count as couple time since we have Baby with us, but she usually sleep through most of supper and hasn't really caused any disruption. After dining out with twins, she seems pretty easy.
Well off to VBS and b-day party!
A Different Kind of Love Story….
6 months ago


1 comment:
Sounds like a fun filled week! Happy B-day Jeremiah. I am glad you guys got some time alone. Too bad VBS ends tonight! I think it should be once a month during the summer!
Post a Comment