August 25, 2008

Princess Movies

....sort of a continuation of the previous post.

The girls' new favorite activity (since all the 'new' movies arrived) is to pull the videos out and arrange or stack them. This morning they were lining up all the 'princess movies.' Here are some interestingly classified videos: Peter Pan - because of Tinkerbell, "Minoccio" - because of the fairy on back cover, and Sword in the Stone ?!? - I guess because of the fairy dust looking stuff surrounding the sword on the cover. They had all the usual princess movies as well and added in Mulan and Alice in Wonderland since all girls are princesses!

Also interesting....while asking me the names of the various movies A. picks up one and says, "this is Fox and the Cow"....she heard Daddy say he wanted to watch 'Fox and Hound' yesterday....

We also did our weekly Wal-Mart/grocery trip yesterday, and we couldn't figure out why the store was soooo packed on a Sunday night. We go very often on Sundays, and it's never been so crowded! Even the shoe aisle was a mob. We ran into some friends who informed us that school starts today! Mystery solved! While in the shoe section we picked out a new pair of shoes for each of the big girls. I wanted to get them matching shoes to minimize fighting. Problem was: they picked out different pairs and INSISTED those were the ones they wanted. I had very strategically picked out a very princess-y pair that I thought both girls would be ecstatic about. Leave it to B. to decide she wants the more simple (and thankfully, a lot cheaper!) pair. I guess I shouldn't let them choose - but picking is half the fun! So, we warned them both that we didn't want to hear ANY fighting about shoes and that the original owner of each pair would always get to wear that pair. They agreed.....but, alas, we've already had arguments about the shoes. It starts with them amiably agreeing to try out each other's shoes. Then one will be done with the testing before the other and the disputes quickly escalate. Little girls are LOUD when being denied their shoes :)

Baby J. was also supposed to get a pair of shoes (her first pair), but she needed a high chair more than shoes. So, she's going to have to wait a month or two for some shoes. I think she'll be much happier being able to sit with us at the table than being forced to wear shoes to church :)

3 comments:

Mamma said...

Yeah !!!!!!!!! Shoes !!!!
My favorite !!!!!! Sounds like you're bringing 'em up right ! I love you ! mamma

andryadawn said...

OR... the practical solution is to shower them with so many shoes, they could never possibly know whos is whos and have so many choices they couldnt fight... lol. No girl is complete without at least 20 pairs... which by all mathematical sense means at any given time there should be 60 pairs of little girls shoes in your house. AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Andrea said...

I have a shoe addiction so I understand. It starts early and it never fades...Good luck!