I really wish I had a recorder. I can't possibly remember and write down all the various topics covered in a mostly one-sided conversation with Daughter A. In about 15 minutes she jumped ideas at least once every 30 seconds or so with few repeats.
Some excerpts:
"Mama, I don't have hair on my toes. You have hair on your toes and Daddy too. Someday when I get bigger I'll have hair on my toes, my big toe." - but when she's bigger she won't be excited about it....
"Mama you dance with Daddy and I'll dance with Nan (sis nickname). I want to dance with a boy. I'll dance with J[boy cousin] and B. can dance with S [male friend]."
"Why don't they have a purple pool? Just a pink pool. I'm going to eat it all up! We don't eat pools. They are too big. I'm going to chop it up and eat the pieces - the purple and the pink" (that one is not verbatim because it went by pretty quickly)
We ended the session with "I've got a booger in my nose"...followed by some digging and me telling her to go into the bathroom if she needs to remove boogers.
During this chat session B. was quietly looking at library books behind the chair - she's much more into looking at books.
The girls were totally thrilled to discover a pamphlet in the 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' DVD that looks like a Wonka bar. They are now pretending to be characters from that movie....
Most exciting news of the week: Baby J. has started crawling.!!!! She hasn't really figured out that she has the power to get anywhere in the house - but she will crawl toward items of interest (ie stuff she probably isn't suppose to have like puzzle pieces, cell phones, the tower of the computer, etc). I got an awesome 15 second video (with my phone camera) of her crawling to me - but I can't get it to send to anyone :(
It's exciting - but I'm feeling a bit sad because she's supposed to be our last baby and her baby-hood is just zooming by! I would really like to just sit and play with her all day....but I think she's got enough in-your-face time as it is with two enthusiastic sisters!
A Different Kind of Love Story….
6 months ago


1 comment:
YAY! I love reading these... I can hear her ittle voice... the hair on the toes is fantastic!!!
Post a Comment