October 7, 2008

Busy Two Days

First, a conversation with A:
A. (again sitting on the toilet): "Mom, you broke my heart" - said in very sad voice, of course.
Me: "Why?"
A.: "Because you put soap on it."
Me:"No, that was your tongue. And you got soap because you were screaming."
A.: "Oh."

So, yesterday, we made our first trip to the zoo. The downtown, far away with lots of scary driving zoo. One of the reasons I bought a membership to this zoo was to force myself to make the trek through the city. We made it there with not much trouble (I varied the route slightly due to some trouble with a round-a-bout). The girls had a lot of fun seeing the elephants, giraffes, seals, snakes, and fish. I think their favorite (or maybe it was mine) was when the 'Daddy' giraffe came close to the window so it was almost like we were standing at his feet. You really don't have a true understanding of just how huge they are until you get a perspective like that. Although, I think the girls were more in awe of the fact that he stuck his tushy up to the window and pooped. Giraffe poop looks like giant deer or bunny poop.
We met my step-mom and lil siblings there and the zoo was at its emptiest visitor-wise - so it was a very fun zoo visit overall.

We did, however, run into a little bit of trouble getting home. The on ramp was closed. And I was scared of the people sitting on the corners glaring at me, so I didn't really feel comfortable driving around searching for a different on-ramp. The zoo is on the south side of town. The people that gave my husband directions to give to me advised me to drive straight north until I hit the main East/West interstate...on the north side of town. We had a great mini-tour of downtown. Then the road I was on ended and forced me to hop on the interstate going East...I live west of town. I did finally get turned around and safely home. It was all very stressful, but, worth it, I think. So, now that I know what I'm doing we'll be heading back soon!

Today we went to see 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua.' My girls love George Lopez (or rather they love the character he plays on his show on Nick at Nite), so I figured his voice in combination with a movie all about cute little doggies was sure to be a hit. The movie just didn't have very much kid excitement though....they really just need more physical comedy to stay entertained. I guess I should have known they weren't ready for live action since they barely made it five minutes into 'Homeward Bound.' But, for the first 2/3rds of the movie they enjoyed munching their popcorn and trying not to get eaten by the chairs, so I think we'll score the days activity as a hit rather than a miss. Although, unless you really like dogs/Chihuahuas, I don't recommend the movie.

So we had a busy couple of days and tomorrow we have a potential park date with a bunch of mom's of infants (most of the ladies in my MOPs group are new mommies with under-a-year babies). My house is starting to get away from me clutter-wise, so we might have to take a day off. Seems like we're either horribly bored and lonely or just swamped with potential activities!

***Baby J. update: she's now pulling up -yay. She's still in the early stages, though. She gets stuck and cries until someone comes and sits her back down. Usually, that makes her even more upset, though, not sure why....***

3 comments:

andryadawn said...

YAY the zoo!!!
Well I guess I wont take the kids to see that movie.
Im glad you are feeling swamped with activities!! Its good for you!!! :)

Tina said...

What a great couple of days minus the detour through downtown....never fun. I once got lost in Downtown Detroit at 1:00 am trying to find a border crossing to renew our work visas NOT FUN actually it was kinda scary!

Muthering Heights said...

Why are kids so obsessed with poop? I'll never know, LOL!