January 20, 2009

A few more quick things...

I got the girlies back from 'Sugar' today. Baby J and I enjoyed our one on one time and I feel refreshed and ready to resume my Mama duties :)

Two quotes:
From B: "Mama you need a curler thing so your eye lashes will point up like mine." Only four and already rubbing in the fact that she has far superior eyelashes :)

From A. as reported by 'Sugar': "It would be a naughty choice to saw someone in half." A strange thing to holler up from the back seat...but I'm glad she has it pegged as 'naughty.'


And finally, we have all three girls in the same room. Tonight's the first night they will all be in there together. The last two nights Baby J. woke up around 1:30 and cried for quite a while. I tried going in to comfort her but that actually makes her more upset (because she really wants to be fed again and taken back to my bed to sleep). I'm not sure how grumpy she will make her sisters if/when she is loud for an extended period tonight. We had to modify our bedtime routine - but it went more smoothly than I had imagined so *deep sigh of relief*.
We also bunked the girls' beds so I'm waiting to see how that will work out. So far there has been less fighting about the top bunk than I expected (there was just a little bit), and hopefully, they will soon be enjoying all the fun play possibilities bunk beds have to offer (my favorite growing up was bunk bed as ship so we'll see what theirs is !)

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh the aftermath of being away from their daly routine don't you love it it....but so worth it to reconect with dh, You take the good with the bad!

andryadawn said...

fantastic quotes!!! :) and YAY for bunk beds!!!