July 29, 2008

Latest Words from the Wild Ones

****As I type this the girls are saying 'AH' as big as they can, putting their faces almost touching, and yelling into each others mouths - weird.*****

~~A few months ago we were checking out at Wal-Mart. A. was sitting in her cart a little off to the side (it must have been full and the husband was working on loading up the other one), and she looks up to the ceiling and says, quite loudly: "Hey God! You there, God"


~~Last week B. came out and informed the lady in our living room that "Daddy has a tail on the front of his tushy." Very luckily, this lady has an almost 4 year old son...or I might have died of embarrassment. And Daddy will HAVE to start remembering to close the door when he 'goes.'

~~At church on Sunday both girls tell the assistant pastor in a discussion about Baby J.: "Her bites Mama"...yes her does, very hard!

~~This morning I hear fussy noises coming from the living room.
Me: B. why are you whining??
B.: I'm whining because of the whales.
-I never got a clear explanation on this one...she was looking at pictures of whales in National Geographic....


AND...my horrible, shocking moment of the week: 10 month old boy leans over Baby J.'s car seat and BITES HER ON THE HEAD. He was looking at her...then pulling on her arm (this is the point that I start to move to intervene) then he bends over to squeeze her face, she starts to cry, I shoosh him away - then I realize that while sqeezing he was biting. And, in a room full of women including this kids mom, I'm the only one that sees it happen. Little boy runs off and his mom will never know.....luckily he only leaves some temporary marks and doesn't break the skin....because, um, ew. Poor baby is the first of my children to be bitten by a stranger.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love these! They crack me up! And I am sorry about the biting, both J's and your's! I remember the biting (whole body shiver)!

Muthering Heights said...

Kids say some funny things!

Geez, I would have drop-kicked any random kid who bit my baby....and his mother!