
Today the big girls started screaming, and I looked over just in time to see them pull the head off of their blonde barbie. I expected tears and an immediate demand for a repair. Instead, both girls stopped and looked at the barbie. They both said to each other 'you broke her' and then took turns playing with the head and the body. It was like they had received two new toys. A bit alarming, I thought. They did eventually bring the barbie over to me to fix - unfortunately there was a small piece broken off and the ball joint was lost in the cavern of Barbie's head...so she is now neck-less and if they pull hard enough she will be head-less again.
For lunch today I made a fruit salad. I don't think I've ever made one before - this was a very simple combination of apple, orange, grapes, banana, and blueberry with lime juice. A friend made a fruit salad with lime juice a few weeks ago, and I was amazed at how nice of a combo the lime was with the other fruits. Since limes are on sale for 20 for a dollar (key limes), we got some. Last night I made a limeade that was pretty yummy. My hands are a bit sore from squeezing tons of tiny limes!
B. surprised me today by eating her sandwich in tact. Both girls have always been sandwich deconstructionists no matter how many times I show them that sandwiches are supposed to be eaten in one piece. Unfortunately, after a few bites B. decided she didn't want the sandwich. She told me she was done and then started acting suspicious because she was closing the bathroom door and telling me not to look in there. I found the sandwich on the bathroom sink. She has now extended her food hiding places away from the table. I'm going to have to be constantly searching for stashed food...


1 comment:
wow, hiding food... i dont know where she would have gotten that from??? or was it you that hid liver in your napkin?? lol. the bathroom sink though, i think aunt a will have to show her some better hiding spots... hahaha
Post a Comment