Oh, to be three again...
The (big) girls spent the afternoon playing in their little plastic pool. After they exhausted themselves with the little built-in slide, they started floating. It was a bit alarming looking over and seeing only toes and legs. I kept having to do head checks ( this is the procedure in which I insist on seeing two little heads pop up over the side of the pool) because they were so quiet. They spent almost an hour just floating. I would have LOVED to be able to do that - but the pool is just not deep enough and if I get in little wet girlies have to climb on me. I did get in a lot of nice relaxing reading time though because Baby J. snoozed all afternoon in her swing.
So the house didn't get organized and the laundry is in the washing machine....but it's worth it. Some my favorite summer time memories are of playing and floating in the backyard stock tank. Another favorite was/is listening to the locusts/cicadas...unfortunetly the girls are not into it. They actually get scared and plug their ears. They call it 'that loud, snake noise.' I thought they were just being hysterical on one particular day, but then today I noticed A. randomly plugging her ears. I had to ask her what was wrong because I didn't even notice the sound. My mom would really be horrified - they are afraid of frogs, cicadas, dogs....*sigh* 'city kids'...
Other excitement....but not good kind....I found another cockroach in my room. It was in the process of dying - but still, it was in there. I think it might have come in with the box of diapers - I read that they like to eat cardboard....but who knows. I'm really just trying to convince myself that the things aren't going keep getting in there. Every time I find one in the house I feel like packing up and moving North...far, far, far North - where tree roaches are just nightmares, not realities.
A Different Kind of Love Story….
7 months ago


1 comment:
Ah, I miss those days at the farm in the tank. The other day I got some random whiff of a scent that reminded me of all that, and I was very sad. Its been too long since we were all at the farm, we need to reinstate the summer tradition somehow. I want that for our kids.
Post a Comment