
As I sit watching updates on hurricane Gustav, I remember watching Hurricane Katrina come in and then the aftermath. My husband and I swore we would NEVER EVER live close to the coast. I mean, really, all the experts say all the catastrophic loss of life and property is a direct result of massive numbers of people insisting on living by fun beaches. Then Rita came along and concreted in our already firm resolve.
But three years later here I am, not quite in an evacuation zone, but within an hour of several and just 88.8 measly miles from the ocean....yet another of those crazy people that live in a 'coastal'-ish area all for the sake of nice weather and beaches.....
Even though ole Gustav is not headed our way....Kansas is looking pretty good during hurricane season.


3 comments:
KANSAS IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!! COME HOME !!!!!!!!!
oh well, at least I tried...
Just wait till they're teenagers... the talking is still non stop details about everything in the world except they will expect and demand a response and then make you feel stupid for whatever response you came up with.
But they seem to make pretty descent adults...SO KEEP LISTENING !!!!!!!! I love you !!!!!!!
See...it wasn't bad at all! Beautiful days here! Besides, doesn't Kansas have tornadoes? Atleast you can prepare for a hurricane!
Ahhh... but the excitement and the stories they make... :) And the wonderful thunderstorms that follow... NO KANSAS! Tornadoes are way worse... and I have to come visit you in TX!
Post a Comment