
These are two common captions on various pictures - they always crack me up. I have decided that they are appropriate captions for my social behavior. I just can't do it right. I say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing very consistently. I'm just coming off a weekend of lots of socializing - a party, church, and family pictures. That's a lot of social time for me - and lots of time to notice just how socially inept I really am. Social situations are just exhausting - and then I spend the next few days over-analyzing every encounter (or sometimes missed encounters) until I feel like I should go live under a rock. You'd think that I would at least be capable of interacting decently with family - but I screw that up just as much.
Back in college I used to swear almost weekly that I was going to go live in a cave on a mountain and be a hermit. I still feel like doing that a lot. But now that I have a family that's not really an option. I don't want my kids to feel that constant desire to be recluses. So far they seem to be pretty outgoing and social -yay!
This is not a pity party or even a motivation for change. I have tried to change - the harder I try to do it 'right' - the worse it gets. Or there are the times when I think things are going well only to have some random stranger comment on what a b**** I am, etc.
So, this is yet another thing that I'm labeling for what it is...and then committing to not worry about any more. Because it all comes back to worrying and obsessing. And I don't want my children growing up taking everything too seriously because they constantly over-analyze (like I do!), so this does wind up as a motivational speech for myself - to not worry.
****Similar to another post - but with fun pictures.*****



3 comments:
Sigh. From what I saw at all of those social gatherings... you were completely normal and wonderful. I cant even imagine what you think you said or did wrong. Which leads me to believe that yes, you just over-analyze yourself. Comes with intelligence I suppose... :) Just know that I adore you and love to be around you, and I know the same is true at least for our family.
I love that first one!
I'm with Andrya on this one, 100%. You are an amazing woman, just tooooooo hard on yourself ! I'm reading 7 Habits of Highly Effective People right now. He keeps referring to Victor Frankl - you might try reading about him... it will help. If not, that Pristiq is an amazing drug !!!!!!! mamma
Post a Comment