September 11, 2008

A. during story time at the library: "Mama I'm thirsty," then holds stomach, "my brain is dying, I need water."

I'm pretty sure all strange comments like the above can be attributed to too much Spongebob. But, I have no idea where she would get the idea that her brain is in her tummy.

B. loves pink. She loves it to such an extent that when given a set of crayons that lack a pink, she will color entirely in red.

Baby J. continues to have only three teeth. The top tooth has grown in enough to give her a very cute little jack-o-lantern-esqe smile. I'm trying to get it on camera, but our digital camera just doesn't like to work and my regular camera has a low battery.

I think it would be interesting to be the library story-time lady. She gets to watch lots of us mothers waddle in with extremely pregnant bellies then a few weeks/months (depending on the mom!) later in we come with a teeny baby that sleeps throughout. Now, Library Lady is commenting on how big Baby J. is with her sitting and crawling abilities.



I'm slightly concerned about the incoming hurricane. The tracking map has a category 3 eye positioned right on top of us. I've never had the windows blown out of a house - so I'm not really sure how to know when to go hide. It has been suggested that we should hide in the a/c intake chamber in the center of our house....In Kansas in a non-basemented house we would sit in the bathtub, but we've also been told to fill the bathtub with water so we have extra water on hand. I always used to think dealing with hurricanes was easier than tornadoes because there was so much advance warning. I didn't realize how much room for error there is - whether to go or to stay, to board up windows or to tape, and whether or not to fill the tub!?!,etc.

SO we pray for wisdom and safety and wait.

2 comments:

andryadawn said...

Im going to use that my brain is dying quote!
Drive away.... if all else fails, pack a tent in the car and go camp overnight at a campground inland... the girls would like it. :)

Tina said...

it is hard to find something cuter then the silly toothy grinn of a baby I LOOOOOOOOOOve it. I wanna see some pics of her toofers.