September 10, 2008

Round Two.


...or is it three...


Anyway, as Hurricane Ike threatens the entire coast of Texas and my Dad and his family prepare to evacuate and head for Hill Country, my husband calls to remind me to make more ice chunks for this weekend. He needs ice chunks to cool his beverages as he participates in a 'bachelor weekend, ' which is a bachelor party Texas-style (I guess). I can't complain too much because: 1) there will be no near-naked (or totally naked) females at this outing and 2) my poor husband has had very little male bonding time since we moved to this very urban community. Everything that my husband used to enjoy doing on a weekly basis for free up in KS costs lots of money down here or is just totally unavailable, so it has been very hard finding things for him to do in his free time.


But all this leaves me alone with three kids to face an unknown. I don't know what Ike will do or what will happen if he decides to pay us a visit.
But, really, I'm looking forward to what will probably wind up being a glorified rainy day for us. I will have a weekend to hang out and not worry about anything besides the basic nutritional requirements of the kids. They can forgo the usual time limits on tv watching (and probably the limits on sugary snacks!) while I enjoy a good book and entertain Baby J.


Note to self: Get good book at the library tomorrow.


And if things start looking too dark and stormy, I guess we can always head to Hill Country too...

1 comment:

Mamma said...

I love your attitude! You are a strong woman who can handle anything that comes your way! (God says so ! And Mamma knows so !!)I am watching almost hourly and praying right along with it ! You girls hang in there ! Love, mamma